National qualifications matrix
Course and program outcomes matrix
Mode of study (full-time, part-time; e-learning…)
The MA in economics program provides highly demanded skills in economic analysis and policy for students seeking jobs in the public or private sector. The program also prepares the academically oriented student to excel in PhD studies. The first year program consists of a total of 24 credit hours in microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics. The second year presents two options: a Master Thesis plus 9 credit hours or a Term Project plus 12 credit hours from advanced elective courses.
- 1. Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning
- 2. Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
- 3. Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs
- 4. Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- 5. Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
- 6. Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
- 7. Develop a thorough knowledge of theories, concepts, and research methods in the field and apply them in research design and data analysis.
- 8. Assess the impact of the economic, social, and political environment from a global, national and regional level.
- 9. Know how to access written and visual, primary and secondary sources of information, interpret concepts and data from a variety of sources in developing disciplinary and interdisciplinary analyses.
- 10. Construct reasoned arguments, synthesize relevant information, and critically analyze subject material.
- 11. Read and understand articles published in academic economics journals.
- 12. Come up with research questions about economic issues.
- 13. Construct a well-organized logical argument with clearly stated assumptions and hypotheses and, if necessary, be able to test or support it with relevant data.
Program Coordinator: Abdurrahman Aydemir - email@example.com