National qualifications matrix
Course and program outcomes matrix
Mode of study (full-time, part-time; e-learning…)
The Political Science undergraduate program was born out of a recognition of the increasing significance of cross-disciplinary studies in the social sciences. The program is organized around the combined perspectives and analytical tools of Sociology, Political Science, International Relations, and History. The SPS degree furnishes the students with a unique multidisciplinary approach in social sciences and prepares them for further academic study and/or for careers in the public and the private sector.
- 1. Understand the world, their country, their society, as well as themselves and have awareness of ethical problems, social rights, values and responsibility to the self and to others.
- 2. Understand different disciplines from natural and social sciences to mathematics and art, and develop interdisciplinary approaches in thinking and practice.
- 3. Think critically, follow innovations and developments in science and technology, demonstrate personal and organizational entrepreneurship and engage in life-long learning in various subjects.
- 4. Communicate effectively in Turkish and English by oral, written, graphical and technological means.
- 5. Take individual and team responsibility, function effectively and respectively as an individual and a member or a leader of a team; and have the skills to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- 6. Develop a thorough knowledge of theories, concepts, and research methods in the field and apply them in research design and data analysis.
- 7. Assess the impact of the economic, social, and political environment from a global, national and regional level.
- 8. Know how to access written and visual, primary and secondary sources of information, interpret concepts and data from a variety of sources in developing disciplinary and interdisciplinary analyses.
- 9. Understand and follow changes in patterns of political behavior, ideas and structures.
- 10. Develop the ability to make logical inferences about social and political issues on the basis of comparative and historical knowledge.
Program Coordinator: Ersin Mahmut Kalaycıoğlu - email@example.com