National qualifications matrix
Course and program outcomes matrix
Mode of study (full-time, part-time; e-learning…)
Sabancı University European Studies MA Program provides a comprehensive study of historical and contemporary developments in Europe, specifically of the European integration process, from a multi-disciplinary perspective. The students will acquire theoretical and practical knowledge of the European political and administrative systems as well as historical and philosophical foundations of modern Europe. They will also gain the necessary skills to compete for increasing opportunities in careers within the newly emerging institutions of Europe as Euro-bureaucrats and policy-makers, as representatives of and/or analysts/consultants to governments, NGOs and the private sector in all matters relating to the European Union.
- 1. Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning
- 2. Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
- 3. Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs
- 4. Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- 5. Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
- 6. Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
- 7. Develop a thorough knowledge of theories, concepts, and research methods in the field and apply them in research design and data analysis.
- 8. Assess the impact of the economic, social, and political environment from a global, national and regional level.
- 9. Know how to access written and visual, primary and secondary sources of information, interpret concepts and data from a variety of sources in developing disciplinary and interdisciplinary analyses.
- 10. Analyze historical and contemporary developments in Europe, specifically of the European integration process, from a multi-disciplinary perspective.
- 11. Grasp the main dynamics of the European order, politically, historically and economically.
- 12. Explain the European integration process and the EU?s decision-making procedures and it?s institutions.
Program director: Meltem Müftüler Baç - email@example.com