National qualifications matrix
Course and program outcomes matrix
Mode of study (full-time, part-time; e-learning…)
M.A. in political science aims to prepare students for further graduate study or for careers in government, non-governmental organizations and the private sector. The program provides the students with a rigorous conceptual framework, basic analytical tools and methodological training in the discipline. Along with major fields of Political Science, concentrations are offered in Turkish, Middle Eastern and European Politics as well as Normative Political Theory, Formal Analysis and Public Policy.
- 1. Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning
- 2. Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
- 3. Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs
- 4. Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- 5. Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
- 6. Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
- 7. Develop a thorough knowledge of theories, concepts, and research methods in the field and apply them in research design and data analysis.
- 8. Assess the impact of the economic, social, and political environment from a global, national and regional level.
- 9. Know how to access written and visual, primary and secondary sources of information, interpret concepts and data from a variety of sources in developing disciplinary and interdisciplinary analyses.
- 10. Begin to grasp historical evolution and contemporary character of world politics.
Program Coordinator: Ersin Mahmut Kalaycıoğlu - email@example.com