The Program was launched in 2011-2012 academic year. It aims to equip students with the skills and knowledge required to understand the complex economic, cultural and political transformations that are taking place at the global level. Language of instruction is English
The program offers a strong background in economics and international political economy in the context of globalization and develops an awareness of world societies, business relations, cultures, global institutions and politics. Students are thus formed to successfully operate in global political and economic environments, on the other hand, to equip themselves with the necessary background for graduate studies in fields ranging from international relations and management to economics.
The Bachelor's Degree in International Studies ( first cycle inInternational Studies) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 2.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme (equivalent to a total of 240 ECTS).
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
Common Outcomes of Undergraduate Programs:
- Understand the world, their country, their society, as well as themselves and have awareness of ethical problems, social rights, values and responsibility to the self and to others.
- Understand different disciplines from natural and social sciences to mathematics and art, and develop interdisciplinary approaches in thinking and practice.
- Think critically, follow innovations and developments in science and technology, demonstrate personal and organizational entrepreneurship and engage in life-long learning in various subjects; have the ability to continue to educate him/herself.
- Communicate effectively in Turkish and English by oral, written, graphical and technological means.
- Take individual and team responsibility, function effectively and respectively as an individual and a member or a leader of a team; and have the skills to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
Common Outcomes for Faculty:
- Develop knowledge of theories, concepts, and research methods in humanities and social sciences.
- Assess how global, national and regional developments affect society.
- Know how to access and evaluate data from various sources of information.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Analyze global affairs from international relations and economics perspectives.
- Demonstrate theoretical and practical knowledge of the international affairs.
- Compete for increasing opportunities in careers within the newly emerging global institutions.
- Evaluate the international political events and present their views and positions on international affairs with advanced oral and written skills.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- Multinational Companies
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other public institutions
- Academic Career (MA & PhD Applications)
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study