The Cyber Security Program is a one-year non-thesis graduate program designed for working professionals. The program started by the enrollment of first students in 2018-2019. With its academic staff carrying out R&D studies in the field of cyber security and its trainers operating in close cooperation with the industry and especially as cyber security specialists, it offers an infrastructure and training program to meet the needs in the field. The language of the program is English.
The aim of the program is to train individuals in the cryptography and cryptographic mathematics (especially number theory and abstract algebra), cryptographic engineering (safe and efficient implementation of cryptographic algorithms), system information (operating systems, computer architectures), computer networks and security, wireless networks and security, software security, to produce competent graduates in the fields of forensics, malware analysis, penetration testing, cyber security intelligence, data privacy and biometric systems.
The Master 's Degree in Cyber Security ( second cycle in Cyber Security) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
Common Outcomes of Masters Programs:
- Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning
- Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
- Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs
- Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
- Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
Common Outcomes for Institute:
- Design and model engineering systems and processes and solve engineering problems with an innovative approach.
- Establish experimental setups, conduct experiments and/or simulations.
- Analytically acquire and interpret data.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- To have acquired basic theoretical knowledge and technical infrastructure in the field of cyber security
- To have developed a deep experience and understanding on the basic methods and human-induced and techinal weaknesses followed by the existing and future cyber attacks, threats and counterfeiting
- To be able to analyze an IT infrastructure comprehensively and to determine risk by monitoring the existing weaknesses and to determine a cyber security strategy
- To take the necessary measures to prevent possible costs and destruction during the occurrence of cyber attacks,
- To be able to use current cyber security software tools and related software for professional purposes,
- To follow the cyber security intelligence news and to combine and analyze data from different sources to take measures for preventing or reducing the prospective cyber attacks,
- To be able to take preventive measures to hinder possible drawbacks by creating a deep understanding and awareness in legal, ethical and social aspects of protecting the security and privacy of personal and corporate data.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- Security Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Security Architect
- Security Administrator
- Sercurity Software Developer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Security Consultant/Specialist
- Intrusion Detection Specialist
- Computer Security Incident Responder
- Source Code Auditor
- Virus Technician
- Penetration Tester
- Vulnerability Assessor
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study