The Electronics Engineering (EE) program is designed to provide the theoretical fundamentals and a comprehensive technological background for leading edge work in this rapidly developing field. The program offers a balanced set of courses in the areas of electronic devices and circuits, optics, communication systems, networks, information and signal processing, from which our students are able to select their courses according to their own interests. The entire program is structured around an innovative project-based approach to education, which will challenge students to excel in defining and solving realistic design and engineering problems. With these sound knowledge and skills, our EE graduates are expected to assume technological leadership positions in electronics, computing communication and related sectors.
Electronics Engineering program offers a balanced set of courses in the areas of electronic devices and circuits with analog/digital/mixed/rf design, optics, communication systems and networks, signal processing and applications. The curriculum provides theoretical fundamentals and comprehensive technological background for the leading edge work in this rapidly developing area. The entire program is structured around a project-oriented approach to develop practical engineering skills together with a strong scientific background. After a university-wide first year curriculum, EE students start taking core EE courses starting in their 2nd year. They must complete an 8-week internship and a two-semester ""Design and Project"" course, in the 3rd and 4th years, respectively.
The Master 's Degree in Electronics Engineering ( second cycle inElectronics Engineering) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
Common Outcomes of Masters Programs:
- Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning
- Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
- Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs
- Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
- Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
Common Outcomes for Institute:
- Design and model engineering systems and processes and solve engineering problems with an innovative approach.
- Establish experimental setups, conduct experiments and/or simulations.
- Analytically acquire and interpret data.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Use advanced Math (including probability and/or statistics), advanced sciences, advanced computer and programming, and advanced Electronics engineering knowledge to design and analyze complex electronics circuits, instruments, software and electronic systems with hardware/software.
- Analyze and design advanced communication networks and systems, advanced signal processing algorithms or software using advanced knowledge on diff. equations, linear algebra, complex variables and discrete math.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- 5G and newer communication technologies,
- Biomedical applications,
- IoT, Industry 4.0 applications,
- Wired/wireless communication network,
- Automation, automotive industry,
- Defence industry and military applications,
- Software development,
- Consumer electronics,
- Hardware engineering (analog, RF, MEMS, digital, VLSI, system-on-chip design),
- Embedded software/soft ware engineering (algorithm implementation, rmware, software design),
- System engineering,
- Test engineering,
- Wired/wireless network/system installation and support engineering,
- Technical sales/purchasing engineering
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study