Energy Technologies and Management Graduate Program is a thematic program designed for graduate students who want to do research, make a career plan and specialize in energy sector. The program started by the enrollment of first students in 2018-2019. With its academic staff carrying out globally renowned research studies in energy, it provides an infrastructure, education program and research opportunities to meet the educational needs in the field. It also offers a wide range of extensive and flexible curriculum that would make students competent in different areas of the energy sector, thereby enabling students to adopt a multidisciplinary mind. The course language is English.
Energy Technologies and Management Master’s Program with Thesis is a research oriented 2-year graduate program, designed for students motivated to equip themselves with technical, scientific and economic skills to understand and solve energy challenges both at national and global level. This full-time program allows students to work on interdisciplinary research projects in areas such as renewable energy systems, sustainable transportation, electric and hybrid vehicles, batteries, fuel cells, energy systems modeling, and energy economics. Its flexible curriculum aims to provide students a diverse range of options that suits best to their needs and interests. The target audience is students with backgrounds in engineering and natural sciences, however the program is also open to students coming from economics and management backgrounds who are willing to work at multidisciplinary projects with technical aspects.
The Master 's Degree in Energy Technologies and Management ( second cycle in Energy Technologies and Management) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate.
At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
- Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning
- Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
- Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs
- Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
- Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
- Design and model energy systems and processes that will increase efficiency, decrease costs and reduce environmental impact.
- Develop a basic understanding of the multidisciplinary aspect of energy area and undersand the interactions between technical, economic, social and policy aspects.
- Develop the scientific and technical fundamentals to understand and communicate the working principles of energy systems such as wind turbines, energy storage and conversion devices, electrical power systems, etc.
- Apply scientific and engineering principles to energy systems for creating innovative solutions to world's energy related problems such as scarce resources, sustainability, energy efficiency and climate change.
- Interact with researchers from different disciplines to exchange ideas and identify areas of research collaboration to advance the frontiers of present knowledge and technology; determine relevant solution approaches and apply them by preparing a research strategy.
- Take part in ambitious and highly challenging research to generate value for both the industry and society.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- Energy Researcher
- Energy Analyst
- Energy Systems Engineer
- R&D Engineer (examples include Solar Systems, Wind Power systems, Energy storage systems, etc)
- Energy Consultant
- Energy Systems Designer
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study