Industrial Engineering Masters program is designed to provide the students with computing, quantitative, analytical and applications skills and to prepare them as entrepreneurs, problem solvers, effective decision-makers, and change agents in a competitive business environment or as prospective scientists in the academics. The program focuses on production and service systems, integrated manufacturing, supply chain management, product development process, modeling and analysis of manufacturing processes.
The graduate curriculum leading to M.Sc. degrees in Industrial Engineering is designed to provide the students with computing, quantitative, analytical, and applications skills and to prepare them as entrepreneurs, problem solvers, effective decision-makers, and change agents in a competitive business environment or as prospective scientists in the academics to continue with a PhD program. The program focuses on production and service systems, integrated manufacturing, supply chain management, product development process, modeling and analysis of manufacturing processes and equipment, and operations research approaches to telecommunication and energy systems.
The Master 's Degree in Industrial Engineering ( second cycle inIndustrial Engineering) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification:
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
Common Outcomes of Masters Programs:
- Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning
- Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
- Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs
- Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
- Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
Common Outcomes for Institute:
- Design and model engineering systems and processes and solve engineering problems with an innovative approach.
- Establish experimental setups, conduct experiments and/or simulations.
- Analytically acquire and interpret data.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Establish a strong theoretical background in several of a broad range of subjects related to the discipline, such as manufacturing processes, service systems design and operation, production planning and control, modeling and optimization, stochastics, statistics.
- Develop novel modeling and / or analytical solution strategies for problems in integrated production and service systems involving human capital, materials, information, equipment, and energy, also using an interdisciplinary approach whenever appropriate.
- Implement solution strategies on a computer platform for decision-support purposes by employing effective computational and experimental tools.
- Acquire skills to independently explore and tackle problems related to the discipline that were not encountered previously. Develop appropriate modeling, solution, implementation strategies, and assess the quality of the outcome.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- Operations research analysis
- Project management
- Supply chain/procurement
- Process design analysis
- Demand planning and management
- Software Developmen
- Information Systems
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study