The driving force behind the tremendous demand for training programs in Information Technology (IT) are the rapid changes in the IT sector, the growing shortfall of skilled laborers and the need for professionals to keep abreast of developments in the field. In an effort to respond to this demand, the Professional Master's Degree Program in IT aims to provide its participants with an international professional profile to meet the rapidly-evolving industry needs. Created with the purpose of offering training and education for the field of Information Technology, our program provides a one year comprehensive education enabling prospective applicants for careers in this field. The language of instruction is English.
The mission of the program is to train professionals in the Information Technologies sector by spanning a bridge between the terrains of the conventional academic education and the dynamic technological skills sought by todays multi-faceted industries. With its diverse and up-to-date curriculum and state of the art laboratory facilities, the program provides students with theoretical foundations of the discipline and the practical knowledge and problem solving skills to meet industry expectations.
The Master 's Degree in Information Technology ( second cycle in Information Technology) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
Common Outcomes for Institute:
- Analytically acquire and interpret data.
- Design and model engineering systems and processes and solve engineering problems with an innovative approach.
- Establish experimental setups, conduct experiments and/or simulations.
Common Outcomes of Masters Programs:
- Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning
- Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
- Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs
- Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
- Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Identify the communication requirements in the corporate infrastructure, design and implement a capable and expandable solution.
- Apply fundamental programming concepts to produce the source code by enforcing the correct syntax and semantics.
- Customize, debug and test the code.
- Design and implement a database system suitable for the requirements of the project.
- Conduct project planning, management and coordination; prioritize resources and activities for on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- Software developer
- Software development manager
- Software architect
- Software project manager
- Software tester
- Database admin
- Network engineer
- Scrum master
- Business/Requirement analyst
- Process analyst
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study