Manufacturing Engineering Program at Sabancı University offers M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Advanced Manufacturing technologies and provides opportunities for continuing education to support our industry partners to educate and enhance their workforce. Our unique and interdisciplinary program is designed for individuals who wish to achieve competency in the effective integration of manufacturing, computing, material processing and production functions in any manufacturing enterprise.
Our faculty members come from diverse professional and academic backgrounds with expertise in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, Mechatronics and Materials Science and Engineering. Their research areas include manufacturing processes and equipment, additive manufacturing (3D printing), biomanufacturing, computer-aided design and manufacturing, integrated manufacturing systems, nano-micro manufacturing, composite and polymer manufacturing, and manufacturing and technology strategies.
The Manufacturing Engineering Program deals with integrated science and technologies to develop and improve innovative products and manufacturing processes. This interdisciplinary program integrates fundamental science and knowledge from Mechanical, Industrial, Production, and Materials Engineering to research, design and develop manufacturing systems, processes, machines, tools, and equipment. The Manufacturing Engineering program focuses on advanced manufacturing technologies. The research areas include manufacturing processes and equipment, computer-aided design and manufacturing, integrated manufacturing systems, additive manufacturing (3D printing), biomanufacturing, nano-micro manufacturing, composite and polymer manufacturing, and manufacturing and technology strategies with special emphasis on industrial applications.
The Master 's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering ( second cycle in Manufacturing Engineering ) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate.
At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
- Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning
- Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
- Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs
- Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
- Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
- Design and model engineering systems and processes and solve engineering problems with an innovative approach.
- Establish experimental setups, conduct experiments and/or simulations.
- To have knowledge and experience in the research, design, analysis and development of advanced manufacturing and production systems and the machinery and equipment of these systems
- Identify product performance and manufacturing processes relationship and optimize process parameters
- Interpret the resultant data to improve the quality and performance of a product
- Research and apply manufacturing engineering knowledge on industrial applications
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- Design and analysis of manufacturing and production systems
- Product design and analysis
- Production System management
- Manufacturing, production and design consultancy
- Research & Development
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study