With a curriculum carefully designed to address contemporary cyber-security needs, its academic staff doing research in relevant areas, and its experience and progressive approach in education, Sabancı University provides students with a unique opportunity to have a graduate degree in cyber security. Prospective students will receive an in-depth education and participate in original research projects in the following areas: cryptography, mathematics of cryptography (especially number theory and abstract algebra), cryptographic engineering (secure and efficient realization of cryptographic algorithms), system level knowledge (operating systems, computer architectures), computer networks and security, wireless networks and security, software security, digital forensics, penetration testing, cybersecurity intelligence, data privacy and biometrics.
The Cyber Security Program is a thematic master program designed for graduate students who want to specialize in cyber security, conduct research, and make career plans. The program started by the enrollment of first students in 2018-2019. With its academic staff carrying out globally renowned R&D studies in cyber security, it provides an infrastructure, education program and research opportunities to meet the educational needs in the field. The language of the program is English.
The Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Cyber Security (third cycle in Cyber Security) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Doctor of Philosophy
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
Common Outcomes of PhD Programs:
- Develop and deepen the current and advanced knowledge in the field with original thought and/or research and come up with innovative definitions based on Master's degree qualifications
- Conceive the interdisciplinary interaction which the field is related with ; come up with original solutions by using knowledge requiring proficiency on analysis, synthesis and assessment of new and complex ideas.
- Evaluate and use new information within the field in a systematic approach.
- Develop an innovative knowledge, method, design and/or practice or adapt an already known knowledge, method, design and/or practice to another field; research, conceive, design, adapt and implement an original subject.
- Critical analysis, synthesis and evaluation of new and complex ideas.
- Gain advanced level skills in the use of research methods in the field of study.
- Contribute the progression in the field by producing an innovative idea, skill, design and/or practice or by adapting an already known idea, skill, design, and/or practice to a different field independently.
- Broaden the borders of the knowledge in the field by producing or interpreting an original work or publishing at least one scientific paper in the field in national and/or international refereed journals.
- Demonstrate leadership in contexts requiring innovative and interdisciplinary problem solving.
- Develop new ideas and methods in the field by using high level mental processes such as creative and critical thinking, problem solving and decision making.
- Investigate and improve social connections and their conducting norms and manage the actions to change them when necessary.
- Defend original views when exchanging ideas in the field with professionals and communicate effectively by showing competence in the field.
- Ability to communicate and discuss orally, in written and visually with peers by using a foreign language at least at a level of European Language Portfolio C1 General Level.
- Contribute to the transition of the community to an information society and its sustainability process by introducing scientific, technological, social or cultural improvements.
- Demonstrate functional interaction by using strategic decision making processes in solving problems encountered in the field.
- Contribute to the solution finding process regarding social, scientific, cultural and ethical problems in the field and support the development of these values.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- Security Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Security Architect
- Security Administrator
- Sercurity Software Developer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Security Consultant/Specialist
- Intrusion Detection Specialist
- Computer Security Incident Responder
- Source Code Auditor
- Virus Technician
- Penetration Tester
- Vulnerability Assesso
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study