BA and MA degrees were launched in 2000-2001 and Phd degree in 2005-2006. BA program provides students with a rigorous foundation in economic theory and its applications, helps to improve analythical thinking and offers a flexible, interdisciplinary curriculum. Language of instruction is English
The purpose of the Undergraduate Economics Program at Sabancı University is to provide students with a rigorous foundation in economic theory and its applications. The program is structured to serve a range of interests: For students interested in a deeper exposure to economic science, the program offers higher level courses and orientation for graduate study. For students who aim to serve as professional economists in the private or the public sector, the program develops skills necessary for macro or sectoral economic analysis and for the evaluation, formulation, implementation of monetary, fiscal or regulatory policies. For students who want to pursue careers in business and management, the program offers coursework on strategic analysis and topics such as accounting, finance, marketing.
The Bachelor's Degree in Economics ( first cycle in Economics) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 2.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme (equivalent to a total of 240 ECTS).
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
- Understand the world, their country, their society, as well as themselves and have awareness of ethical problems, social rights, values and responsibility to the self and to others.
- Understand different disciplines from natural and social sciences to mathematics and art, and develop interdisciplinary approaches in thinking and practice.
- Think critically, follow innovations and developments in science and technology, demonstrate personal and organizational entrepreneurship and engage in life-long learning in various subjects; have the ability to continue to educate him/herself.
- Communicate effectively in Turkish and English by oral, written, graphical and technological means.
- Take individual and team responsibility, function effectively and respectively as an individual and a member or a leader of a team; and have the skills to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develop knowledge of theories, concepts, and research methods in humanities and social sciences.
- Assess how global, national and regional developments affect society.
- Know how to access and evaluate data from various sources of information.
- Provide constructive analysis of economic phenomena at the national and international level, and interactions between the two.
- Develop an understanding of organizations and institutions in the society as well as their influence on the economy.
- Recognize how incentives shape the behavior of individuals and organizations.
- Identify ?economic? problems and propose alternative models and/or design and conduct research to provide viable solutions using theoretical tools and/or quantitative methods.
- Communicate problems and solutions to managerial and policy decision-making units as well as to lay audiences.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- Strategic consultancy
- Business analytics
- Political counseling
- Asset management
- Public sector
- Market research
- Finance / Banking
- Academic Career
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study