In a world where competition is fierce, globalization, development and change are inevitable; our Management program is designed to respond to the ever-transitioning needs of business life. Based on fundamental issues in management, our program provides an international perspective that combines theoretical approaches with practice through case and project studies. We are preparing our students for the future of management by continuously updating our curriculum.
Sabancı University's undergraduate program in Management recognizes the importance of well-educated and innovative managers for building organizations that compete successfully in global markets and contribute to the economic development of our country. The mission of this program is to foster individuals who will eventually become such managers. While the students learn current techniques and practices, the emphasis of the program is on the analytical and problem-solving skills that enhance the students' capabilities for innovative thinking and decision-making under changing conditions. All students receive a solid basic background in humanities, sciences and mathematics.
The Bachelor's Degree in Management ( first cycle in Management) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 2.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme (equivalent to a total of 240 ECTS).
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
Common Outcomes of Undergraduate Programs:
- Understand the world, their country, their society, as well as themselves and have awareness of ethical problems, social rights, values and responsibility to the self and to others.
- Understand different disciplines from natural and social sciences to mathematics and art, and develop interdisciplinary approaches in thinking and practice.
- Think critically, follow innovations and developments in science and technology, demonstrate personal and organizational entrepreneurship and engage in life-long learning in various subjects; have the ability to continue to educate him/herself.
- Communicate effectively in Turkish and English by oral, written, graphical and technological means.
- Take individual and team responsibility, function effectively and respectively as an individual and a member or a leader of a team; and have the skills to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Have an understanding of economics and main functional areas of management
- Have a basic all-around knowledge in humanities, science, mathematics, and literature
- Have a basic knowledge of law and ethics, awareness of social and ethical responsibilities
- Work effectively in teams and environments characterized by people of diverse educational, social and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communications in English
- Pursue open minded inquiry and appreciate the importance of research as an input into management practice; thus, a.know how to access, interpret and analyze data and information by using current technologies b.use the results from analyses to make informed decisions
- Use office softwares for written communication, presentation, and data analysis
- Demonstrate awareness that business settings present different opportunities and challenges for managers due to environmental/contextual differences that arise in economic, political, cultural, legal-regulatory domains
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
Our students have the chance to pursue careers in entrepreneurship, professionalizing their family businesses, management in global corporations, business consultancy, launching and/or managing non-governmental organizations. Graduates who pursue academic careers have the necessary capabilities to continue their studies in masters programs.
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study