Sabancı University MS in Business Analytics Non-thesis Program accepts students as of 2020-2021 academic year. The aim of the program is to educate professionals who will be equipped to understand the business performance of private and public institutions and organizations in the world and in Turkey in recent years, and to develop new strategies based on data and statistics in the field of Business Analytics. The Sabancı University Business Analytics non-thesis master's degree aims to equip students with knowledge in critical looking, interpreting and visualizing and applying data, real-world applications that will shape how business challenges are addressed in the 21st century. Although the program is structurally similar to some courses in MBA, Economics, Public Policy and Finance Master's programs, the courses are taught more theoretically since the students of the program have enough qualifications to follow advanced scientific developments in a deep and comprehensive manner, collect and analyze healthy data, and continue their doctoral programs. The language of instruction is English.
The purpose of the Business Analytics for Professionals program is to train professionals who can meet the needs of private sector and public institutions and organizations to understand their business performance in competitive conditions and to develop new strategies based on data and analytical approaches.
With the rapid advancement of the digital age, businesses have access to unprecedented amounts of data. To turn this data into a competitive advantage, businesses need to develop effective methods to analyze and interpret large amounts of data. Thanks to its ability to make data and model-based business decisions and to benefit from many different disciplines, Business Analytics program aims to gain the ability to solve real problems faced by organizations.
It is aimed that the graduates of this program will play a more effective role in decision-making and strategy determination for the future of institutions and organizations. Sabancı University Business Analytics for Professionals program aims to equip students with the knowledge of real-world applications that will shape how to look at data critically, interpret and visualize and apply data, and how to handle business challenges in the 21st century. The program offers a variety of modeling and analysis tools in Business Analytics, as well as their application in the business environment.
The Master 's Degree in Business Analytics ( second cycle in Business Analytics ) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
Common Outcomes of Masters Programs:
- Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning
- Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
- Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs
- Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
- Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
Common Outcomes for Institute:
- Develop, interpret and use statistical analyses in decision making.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Demonstrated understanding of data-driven decision modeling and analysis concepts/frameworks.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with fundamentals of business analytics, management information systems, statistical and prediction models.
- Ability to transform complex data into valuable insight and resulting value-adding actions.
- Skills in hands-on data-mining tools and techniques.
- Exposure to the analytical methods in basic business disciplines such as marketing, operations, and finance
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
Graduates of this program are equipped to take the role of data/analytics translator, analytics professional, or business analyst on the way to become top level professionals in a variety of data-rich industries including:
Financial and banking sector
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study