Computer Science and Engineering Master's program has started in 2000 as a combined program named EECS Master's program. A few years later, computer science and engineering became an independent graduate program. The courses proposed encompass broad range of topics that reflect research areas of the faculty members, such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Data Science and Data Analytics, Security, Privacy and Cryptography, Software Engineering to name some. The graduate courses cover both theoretical and also practical aspects of the topics covered. The students are expected to complete a research-oriented thesis. The language of education is English.
Computer Science and Engineering has contributed immensely in shaping our lives in many areas encompassing communication, commerce, medicine, education, entertainment, and human interaction, to name a few. This significant role will continue to do so in the foreseeable future as well. Current major topics of interest at Sabancı University include the following areas, many of which have direct applicability: Natural language processing, Statistical language modelling, Speech recognition and generation, Document analysis and handwriting recognition, Bioinformatics, Biometric security, Computer and network security, Cryptography and information security, Data mining and applications, Computer graphics and virtual reality, Artificial Intelligence, Formal Methods, Model Checking, Model Based Testing.
The Master 's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering (second cycle in Computer Science and Engineering) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
- Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning
- Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
- Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs
- Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
- Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
- Design and model engineering systems and processes and solve engineering problems with an innovative approach.
- Establish experimental setups, conduct experiments and/or simulations.
- Analytically acquire and interpret data.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering in computer science and engineering related problems.
- Display knowledge of contemporary issues in computer science and engineering and apply to a particular problem.
- Demonstrate the use of results from interpreted data to improve the quality of research or a product in computer science and engineering.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
Graduates of Computer Science and Engineering Master's program can find employment opportunities in regular software and hardware industries in addition to specialized companies such as in the areas of data analytics, cyber security, financial technologies, telecommunications, defense, etc. Being more research oriented, research institutions, research labs and companies with R&D departments favor our graduates.
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study