The Cyber Security Program is a thematic master program designed for graduate students who want to specialize in cyber security, conduct research, and make career plans. The program started by the enrollment of first students in 2018-2019. With its academic staff carrying out globally renowned R&D studies in cyber security, it provides an infrastructure, education program and research opportunities to meet the educational needs in the field. The language of the program is English.
With a curriculum carefully designed to address contemporary cyber-security needs, its academic staff doing research in relevant areas, and its experience and progressive approach in education, Sabancı University provides students with a unique opportunity to have a graduate degree in cyber security. Prospective students will receive an in-depth education and participate in original research projects in the following areas: cryptography, mathematics of cryptography (especially number theory and abstract algebra), cryptographic engineering (secure and efficient realization of cryptographic algorithms), system level knowledge (operating systems, computer architectures), computer networks and security, wireless networks and security, software security, digital forensics, penetration testing, cybersecurity intelligence, data privacy and biometrics.
The Master 's Degree in Cyber Security (second cycle in Cyber Security) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
- To have acquired basic theoretical knowledge and technical infrastructure in the field of cyber security,
- To have developed a deep experience and understanding on the basic methods and human-induced and techinal weaknesses followed by the existing and future cyber attacks, threats and counterfeiting,
- To be able to analyze an IT infrastructure comprehensively and to determine risk by monitoring the existing weaknesses and to determine a cyber security strategy,
- To take the necessary measures to prevent possible costs and destruction during the occurrence of cyber attacks,
- To be able to use current cyber security software tools and related software for professional purposes,
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- Security Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Security Architect
- Security Administrator
- Sercurity Software Developer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Security Consultant/Specialist
- Intrusion Detection Specialist
- Computer Security Incident Responder
- Source Code Auditor
- Virus Technician
- Penetration Tester
- Vulnerability Assesso
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study