Sabancı Executive MBA program was established in 1999. It is an 12 months intensive program organized in two six-month long semesters. The first semester concentrate on the development of the academic foundation. Moderately theoretical courses that are designed to develop analytical and business skills and knowledge are provided. In the second term, the students take Organizational Behavior & Leadership, Ethics in Business and Business Simulation courses as well as electives to gain knowledge and skills necessary to lead and run an entire organization. During the second term the students will visit Columbia Business School & will take courses on Leadership, Innovation & Entrepreneurship. The language of the education is English.
The Sabancı Executive MBA Program has been meticulously designed for preparing middle level-managers to become top managers who can compete globally. This 12-month weekend program in Istanbul is as demanding as it is rewarding. The program provides students a learning process supported by case studies and team activities designed to build upon the practical experience of the participants, a strong curriculum delivered by world-class faculty, and an international module at Columbia Business School, New York. Program starts in September and ends in August of the following year, accepts student with a minimum of 7-year work experience (the average is around 12 years), with classes taught on Friday evening and Saturdays.
The Master 's Degree in Executive Master of Business Administration ( second cycle in Executive Master of Business Administration) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification:
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
Common Outcomes of Masters Programs:
- Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning
- Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
- Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs
- Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
- Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
Common Outcomes for Institute:
- Develop, interpret and use statistical analyses in decision making.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Identify and diagnose business problems and opportunities accurately and effectively across a wide range of business domains (accounting, financial management, operations, marketing, strategy, and organizational design), in global and local contexts.
- Incorporate cultural context and complexities in their managerial practice.
- Assess the performance of an organization in a wide range of business domains, using a range of performance criteria.
- Identify, select, and justify strategies and courses of action at the divisional, business, and corporate levels of analysis and to develop effective plans for the implementation of selected strategies across a wide range of business domains and levels.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
Managerial positions in the privite sector and in the public institutions
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study