Mechatronics is the multidisciplinary field integrating contributions from electrical and electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, computer engineering and control enginnering. Research topics range from intelligent robots to smart materials. The Master's Degree Program provides the students with the opportunities of specialization in a variety of directions in this field. Core and area elective courses are offered to this end. Students are encouraged to participate in research projects.
The goal of the graduate education in Mechatronics is to integrate basic engineering disciplines into a meaningful program for educating graduates who are conversant with all of the relevant technologies needed to create modern and smart products. The future mechatronics engineer is able to work across the boundaries of constituent disciplines (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and computer science) to identify and use the appropriate combination of technologies that provide the best solutions.
The Master 's Degree in Mechatronics Engineering ( second cycle inMechatronics Engineering) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
Common Outcomes of Masters Programs:
- Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning
- Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
- Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs
- Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
- Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
Common Outcomes for Institute:
- Design and model engineering systems and processes and solve engineering problems with an innovative approach.
- Establish experimental setups, conduct experiments and/or simulations.
- Analytically acquire and interpret data.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Apply software, modeling, instrumentation, and experimental techniques and their combinations in the design and integration of electrical, electronic, control and mechanical systems.
- Interact with researchers from different disciplines to exchange ideas and identify areas of research collaboration to advance the frontiers of present knowledge and technology; determine relevant solution approaches and apply them by preparing a research strategy.
- Take part in ambitious and highly challenging research to generate value for both the industry and society.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
The holder of Mechatronics Engineering Master's Degree can work in the field of mechanical, electronic and control system design of computer contolled systems. He/she can be a technical team leader for the integration of the mechatronics disciplines.
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study