Sabancı Graduate Business School provides an intellectually and professionally stimulating environment for doctoral candidates to become internationally renowned scholars. Our faculty members, committed to the quality of the PhD program, allocate considerable time for the development of their doctoral students. The curriculum is designed so that the students become exposed to alternative research methodologies and topics, yet have the flexibility to explore their own interests. Doctoral students also benefit from the experience of visiting international scholars on campus as well as close collaboration with other SU faculties in terms of teaching and advising research. In addition, through research seminars at the university, doctoral students become familiarized with the rewards and responsibilities of academic life in terms of teaching, conducting and disseminating state of the art research. With the guidance of the faculty members, students are actively involved in research and given opportunities to participate in ongoing industry projects. Students are financially supported to present their work in national as well as international meetings. Each doctoral student is expected to publish at least one article in an international journal or present his/her work at internationally recognized conferences before graduation.
The PhD program at the Sabancı University's Graduate Business School is primarily intended for candidates who aspire to develop a career in academia. Some graduates may also be taking up positions in public or private sector organizations involved in research. The goal is to have graduates who can perform and contribute at the international level in any of these possible career paths. Currently, the program offers specializations in the areas of Management and Organization, Business Analytics and Operations Management , Finance and Action Research.
The Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Physics (third cycle in Physics) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification:
Doctor of Philosophy
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
- Understand the world, their country, their society, as well as themselves and have awareness of ethical problems, social rights, values and responsibility to the self and to others.
- Understand different disciplines from natural and social sciences to mathematics and art, and develop interdisciplinary approaches in thinking and practice.
- Think critically, follow innovations and developments in science and technology, demonstrate personal and organizational entrepreneurship and engage in life-long learning in various subjects.
- Communicate effectively in Turkish and English by oral, written, graphical and technological means.
- Take individual and team responsibility, function effectively and respectively as an individual and a member or a leader of a team; and have the skills to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Possess sufficient knowledge of mathematics, science and program-specific engineering topics; use theoretical and applied knowledge of these areas in complex engineering problems.
- Identify, define, formulate and solve complex engineering problems; choose and apply suitable analysis and modeling methods for this purpose.
- Develop, choose and use modern techniques and tools that are needed for analysis and solution of complex problems faced in engineering applications; possess knowledge of standards used in engineering applications; use information technologies effectively.
- Ability to design a complex system, process, instrument or a product under realistic constraints and conditions, with the goal of fulfilling specified needs; apply modern design techniques for this purpose.
- Design and conduct experiments, collect data, analyze and interpret the results to investigate complex engineering problems or program-specific research areas.
- Knowledge of business practices such as project management, risk management and change management; awareness on innovation; knowledge of sustainable development.
- Knowledge of impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, health and societal context; knowledge of contemporary issues; awareness on legal outcomes of engineering solutions; understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Comprehend key concepts in biology and physiology, with emphasis on molecular genetics, biochemistry and molecular and cell biology as well as advanced mathematics and statistics.
- Develop conceptual background for interfacing of biology with engineering for a professional awareness of contemporary biological research questions and the experimental and theoretical methods used to address them.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
Academia, researcher positions in both public or private companies
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study