Sabancı Graduate Business School provides an intellectually and professionally stimulating environment for doctoral candidates to become internationally renowned scholars. Our faculty members, committed to the quality of the PhD program, allocate considerable time for the development of their doctoral students. The curriculum is designed so that the students become exposed to alternative research methodologies and topics, yet have the flexibility to explore their own interests. Doctoral students also benefit from the experience of visiting international scholars on campus as well as close collaboration with other SU faculties in terms of teaching and advising research. In addition, through research seminars at the university, doctoral students become familiarized with the rewards and responsibilities of academic life in terms of teaching, conducting and disseminating state of the art research. With the guidance of the faculty members, students are actively involved in research and given opportunities to participate in ongoing industry projects. Students are financially supported to present their work in national as well as international meetings. Each doctoral student is expected to publish at least one article in an international journal or present his/her work at internationally recognized conferences before graduation.
The PhD program at the Sabancı University's Graduate Business School is primarily intended for candidates who aspire to develop a career in academia. Some graduates may also be taking up positions in public or private sector organizations involved in research. The goal is to have graduates who can perform and contribute at the international level in any of these possible career paths. Currently, the program offers specializations in the areas of Management and Organization, Business Analytics and Operations Management , Finance and Action Research.
The Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Physics (third cycle in Physics) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification:
Doctor of Philosophy
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
Common Outcomes of PhD Programs:
- Develop and deepen the current and advanced knowledge in the field with original thought and/or research and come up with innovative definitions based on Master's degree qualifications
- Conceive the interdisciplinary interaction which the field is related with ; come up with original solutions by using knowledge requiring proficiency on analysis, synthesis and assessment of new and complex ideas.
- Evaluate and use new information within the field in a systematic approach.
- Develop an innovative knowledge, method, design and/or practice or adapt an already known knowledge, method, design and/or practice to another field; research, conceive, design, adapt and implement an original subject.
- Critical analysis, synthesis and evaluation of new and complex ideas.
- Gain advanced level skills in the use of research methods in the field of study.
- Contribute the progression in the field by producing an innovative idea, skill, design and/or practice or by adapting an already known idea, skill, design, and/or practice to a different field independently.
- Broaden the borders of the knowledge in the field by producing or interpreting an original work or publishing at least one scientific paper in the field in national and/or international refereed journals.
- Demonstrate leadership in contexts requiring innovative and interdisciplinary problem solving.
- Develop new ideas and methods in the field by using high level mental processes such as creative and critical thinking, problem solving and decision making.
- Investigate and improve social connections and their conducting norms and manage the actions to change them when necessary.
- Defend original views when exchanging ideas in the field with professionals and communicate effectively by showing competence in the field.
- Ability to communicate and discuss orally, in written and visually with peers by using a foreign language at least at a level of European Language Portfolio C1 General Level.
- Contribute to the transition of the community to an information society and its sustainability process by introducing scientific, technological, social or cultural improvements.
- Demonstrate functional interaction by using strategic decision making processes in solving problems encountered in the field.
- Contribute to the solution finding process regarding social, scientific, cultural and ethical problems in the field and support the development of these values.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
Academia, researcher positions in both public or private companies
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study