The fundamental tenet of computer science and engineering is to employ this infinitely malleable building block, the computer, in building not just systems employing a combination of hardware and software for bringing solutions to real-world problems but also in imagining the yet unimaginable and in inventing the future.
The undergraduate Computer Science and Engineering program (CS) offers a state-of-the-art curriculum supported by modern computational facilities linked to the external world via the Internet. Students are encouraged to build their programs of study within the discipline and to familiarize themselves with at least one of the other FENS programs through relevant electives. Similarly, students in other programs are encouraged to take courses from Computer Science and Engineering in order to master the computational tools of their trade.Opportunities for employment after graduation are extremely high, given that every industry and business has to keep up with the rapidly changing computing and communication facilities offered and demanded by the global market.
Computer Science and Engineering program offers a balanced set of courses in the areas of computer systems, software, theory, AI, networks, databases, and security. The interdisciplinary nature of the Faculty encourages students to take courses from other programs. Students start taking core CS courses starting in their 2nd year, after a university-wide first year curriculum, and must complete an 8-week internship and a two-semester ""Design and Project"" course, in the 3rd and 4th years, respectively.
The Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering ( first cycle in Computer Science and Engineering) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification:
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 2.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme (equivalent to a total of 240 ECTS).
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
Common Outcomes of Our Undergraduate Programs at SU:
- Understand the world, their country, their society, as well as themselves and have awareness of ethical problems, social rights, values and responsibility to the self and to others.
- Understand different disciplines from natural and social sciences to mathematics and art, and develop interdisciplinary approaches in thinking and practice.
- Think critically, follow innovations and developments in science and technology, demonstrate personal and organizational entrepreneurship and engage in life-long learning in various subjects.
- Communicate effectively in Turkish and English by oral, written, graphical and technological means.
- Take individual and team responsibility, function effectively and respectively as an individual and a member or a leader of a team; and have the skills to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
Common Outcomes of Our Undergraduate Programs at FENS:
- Possess sufficient knowledge of mathematics, science and program-specific engineering topics; use theoretical and applied knowledge of these areas in complex engineering problems.
- Identify, define, formulate and solve complex engineering problems; choose and apply suitable analysis and modeling methods for this purpose.
- Develop, choose and use modern techniques and tools that are needed for analysis and solution of complex problems faced in engineering applications; possess knowledge of standards used in engineering applications; use information technologies effectively.
- Ability to design a complex system, process, instrument or a product under realistic constraints and conditions, with the goal of fulfilling specified needs; apply modern design techniques for this purpose.
- Design and conduct experiments, collect data, analyze and interpret the results to investigate complex engineering problems or program-specific research areas.
- Knowledge of business practices such as project management, risk management and change management; awareness on innovation; knowledge of sustainable development.
- Knowledge of impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, health and societal context; knowledge of contemporary issues; awareness on legal outcomes of engineering solutions; understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
Computer Science and Engineering Undergraduate Program Specific Outcomes:
- Design, implement, test, and evaluate a computer system, component, or algorithm to meet desired needs and to solve a computational problem.
- Demonstrate knowledge of discrete mathematics and data structures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of probability and statistics, including applications appropriate to computer science and engineering.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- Computer network administration
- Video game development
- Mobile/web application development
- Cyber security
- System development
- Data analytics
- Software project management
- Software design and development
- IT support
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study