The fundamental principle of computer science and engineering is to use the computer not only to build systems that use a combination of hardware and software to solve real-world problems, but also to imagine the unimaginable and invent the future. The Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate program offers a modern curriculum supported by today's technological opportunities. Until their graduation, students can construct their course programs to overlap with any sub-field within the discipline or with other FENS programs. Similarly, students in other programs are encouraged to take courses in Computer Science and Engineering to master computational tools in their field. Since it is a discipline with high global demand and has to follow the ever-changing information processing and communication technologies, job opportunities after graduation are quite high.
The Computer Science and Engineering program offers a range of courses covering areas such as computer systems, software, hardware, theory, algorithms, artificial intelligence, networks, databases, and security. The interdisciplinary nature of the faculty encourages students to take courses from other programs. After the university-wide first year curriculum, students start to take basic computer courses starting from their second year (sometimes even in their first year) and then take advanced courses. In the 3rd and 4th years, they have to complete an 8-week internship and a two-semester "Design and Project" course, respectively.
The Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering ( first cycle in Computer Science and Engineering) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification:
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 2.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme (equivalent to a total of 240 ECTS).
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
Common Outcomes of Undergraduate Programs:
- Understand the world, their country, their society, as well as themselves and have awareness of ethical problems, social rights, values and responsibility to the self and to others.
- Understand different disciplines from natural and social sciences to mathematics and art, and develop interdisciplinary approaches in thinking and practice.
- Think critically, follow innovations and developments in science and technology, demonstrate personal and organizational entrepreneurship and engage in life-long learning in various subjects; have the ability to continue to educate him/herself.
- Communicate effectively in Turkish and English by oral, written, graphical and technological means.
- Take individual and team responsibility, function effectively and respectively as an individual and a member or a leader of a team; and have the skills to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
Common Outcomes for Faculty:
- Possess sufficient knowledge of mathematics, science and program-specific engineering topics; use theoretical and applied knowledge of these areas in complex engineering problems.
- Identify, define, formulate and solve complex engineering problems; choose and apply suitable analysis and modeling methods for this purpose.
- Develop, choose and use modern techniques and tools that are needed for analysis and solution of complex problems faced in engineering applications; possess knowledge of standards used in engineering applications; use information technologies effectively.
- Have the ability to design a complex system, process, instrument or a product under realistic constraints and conditions, with the goal of fulfilling specified needs; apply modern design techniques for this purpose.
- Design and conduct experiments, collect data, analyze and interpret the results to investigate complex engineering problems or program-specific research areas.
- Possess knowledge of business practices such as project management, risk management and change management; awareness on innovation; knowledge of sustainable development.
- Possess knowledge of impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, health and societal context; knowledge of contemporary issues; awareness on legal outcomes of engineering solutions; knowledge of behavior according to ethical principles, understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Have the ability to write effective reports and comprehend written reports, prepare design and production reports, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear and intelligible instructions.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Design, implement, test, and evaluate a computer system, component, or algorithm to meet desired needs and to solve a computational problem.
- Demonstrate knowledge of discrete mathematics and data structures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of probability and statistics, including applications appropriate to computer science and engineering.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- Computer network administration
- Computer game / mobile game development
- Mobile / web application development
- Cyber security
- System development
- Data analysis, data science applications
- Artificial intelligence engineering
- Software project management
- Software engineering
- Software development
- Financial technologies
- Information technology support
- Information technology consultancy
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study