The Electronics Engineering (EE) program is designed to provide the theoretical fundamentals and a comprehensive technological background for leading edge work in this rapidly developing field. The program offers a balanced set of courses in the areas of electronic devices and circuits, optics, communication systems, networks, information and signal processing, from which our students are able to select their courses according to their own interests. The entire program is structured around an innovative project-based approach to education, which will challenge students to excel in defining and solving realistic design and engineering problems. With these sound knowledge and skills, our EE graduates are expected to assume technological leadership positions in electronics, computing communication and related sectors.
Electronics Engineering program offers a balanced set of courses in the areas of electronic devices and circuits with analog/digital/mixed/rf design, optics, communication systems and networks, signal processing and applications. The curriculum provides theoretical fundamentals and comprehensive technological background for the leading edge work in this rapidly developing area. The entire program is structured around a project-oriented approach to develop practical engineering skills together with a strong scientific background. After a university-wide first year curriculum, EE students start taking core EE courses starting in their 2nd year. They must complete an 8-week internship and a two-semester ""Design and Project"" course, in the 3rd and 4th years, respectively.
The Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering ( first cycle inElectronics Engineering) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification:
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 2.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme (equivalent to a total of 240 ECTS).
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
Common Outcomes of Undergraduate Programs:
- Understand the world, their country, their society, as well as themselves and have awareness of ethical problems, social rights, values and responsibility to the self and to others.
- Understand different disciplines from natural and social sciences to mathematics and art, and develop interdisciplinary approaches in thinking and practice.
- Think critically, follow innovations and developments in science and technology, demonstrate personal and organizational entrepreneurship and engage in life-long learning in various subjects; have the ability to continue to educate him/herself.
- Communicate effectively in Turkish and English by oral, written, graphical and technological means.
- Take individual and team responsibility, function effectively and respectively as an individual and a member or a leader of a team; and have the skills to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
Common Outcomes for Faculty:
- Possess sufficient knowledge of mathematics, science and program-specific engineering topics; use theoretical and applied knowledge of these areas in complex engineering problems.
- Identify, define, formulate and solve complex engineering problems; choose and apply suitable analysis and modeling methods for this purpose.
- Develop, choose and use modern techniques and tools that are needed for analysis and solution of complex problems faced in engineering applications; possess knowledge of standards used in engineering applications; use information technologies effectively.
- Have the ability to design a complex system, process, instrument or a product under realistic constraints and conditions, with the goal of fulfilling specified needs; apply modern design techniques for this purpose.
- Design and conduct experiments, collect data, analyze and interpret the results to investigate complex engineering problems or program-specific research areas.
- Possess knowledge of business practices such as project management, risk management and change management; awareness on innovation; knowledge of sustainable development.
- Possess knowledge of impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, health and societal context; knowledge of contemporary issues; awareness on legal outcomes of engineering solutions; knowledge of behavior according to ethical principles, understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Have the ability to write effective reports and comprehend written reports, prepare design and production reports, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear and intelligible instructions.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Use mathematics (including derivative and integral calculations, probability and statistics, differential equations, linear algebra, complex variables and discrete mathematics), basic sciences, computer and programming, and electronics engineering knowledge to (a) Design and analyze complex electronic circuits, instruments, software and electronics systems with hardware/software or (b) Design and analyze communication networks and systems, signal processing algorithms or software
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- 5G and newer communication technologies
- Biomedical applications
- IoT, Industry 4.0 applications
- Wired / wireless communication networks
- Automation, automotive industry
- Defence industry and military applications
- Software Development
- Consumer electronics
- Hardware engineering (analog, RF, MEMS, digital, VLSI, system-on-chip design)
- Embedded software/soft ware engineering (algorithm implementation, rmware, soŌware design)
- System engineering
- Test engineering
- Wired / wireless network / system installation and support engineering
- Technical sales / purchasing engineering
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study