BA program launched in 2014-2015 academic year. The higlights:
- Research interests span a wide range of areas, such as psychological bases for perception, intelligence, memory, language and social cognition.
- Students are provided with opportunities to actively take part in large-scale projects carried out by the faculty members as research assistants, and gain hands-on experience.
- Students and staff benefit from the rich opportunities Sabancı University offers, such as tight interdisciplinary links between faculties, state-of-the-art research facilities and infrastructure, and independent research support and funding.
Labs in use are: Mind Lab, Eye-tracking lab, group testing lab, robot lab, social & developmental psychology lab, EEG neuroscience lab, experimental testing cubicles Language of Instruction is English
The program equips students with a strong basis in psychological science, the study of mind and behavior. Using an interdisciplinary approach, the program introduces students to established theory, contemporary issues and research questions in psychology. The program is strongly research-focused; students gain first-hand research experience by taking part in faculty members’ projects, and even by conducting their own studies. It also provides students with many opportunities to participate in social involvement and community projects. Graduates are fully prepared to enter graduate programs in psychology and related disciplines, have a broad range of research and statistical skills, and are ready to work in applied settings including the clinical, educational, and business sectors.
The Bachelor's Degree in Psychologyg ( first cycle in Psychology) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 2.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme (equivalent to a total of 240 ECTS).
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate.
At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
Common Outcomes of Undergraduate Programs:
- Understand different disciplines from natural and social sciences to mathematics and art, and develop interdisciplinary approaches in thinking and practice.
- Understand the world, their country, their society, as well as themselves and have awareness of ethical problems, social rights, values and responsibility to the self and to others.
- Think critically, follow innovations and developments in science and technology, demonstrate personal and organizational entrepreneurship and engage in life-long learning in various subjects; have the ability to continue to educate him/herself.
- Communicate effectively in Turkish and English by oral, written, graphical and technological means.
- Take individual and team responsibility, function effectively and respectively as an individual and a member or a leader of a team; and have the skills to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
Common Outcomes for Faculty:
- Develop knowledge of theories, concepts, and research methods in humanities and social sciences.
- Assess how global, national and regional developments affect society.
- Know how to access and evaluate data from various sources of information.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Develop an interdisciplinary understanding of the workings of human mind and behavior, and use this understanding to advance psychological theory, research and applications.
- Analyze psychological phenomena critically and provide constructive analysis at the individual and the societal levels, and integrate with the professional life.
- Consume and provide input for psychological literature by demonstrating proficiency in research design, methods, and statistical analyses, computing skills, and ethical standards; and develop a habit of expressing these with advanced oral and written skills; share in national and international platforms.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- Academic Career
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Undergraduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study