The current interests concentrate in mainly two areas; Analysis and its applications, differential equations (functional analysis, several complex variables, complex potential theory, holomorphic Dynamics, complex Geometry, probability and stochastics, martingales, operator theory, pseudo-differential operators, nonlinear partial differential equations) and Algebra and number theory and their applications (finite fields and applications, coding theory, cryptology, integer partitions, combinatorics, commutative and computational algebra, finite geometry). We do not require lab or technical equipments. The language of education is English.
The program emphasizes the interaction between pure mathematics and is applications, including those leading to interdisciplinary work. Research interests concentrate in mainly two areas; analysis and its applications (functional analysis, differential equations, numerical analysis), algebra and number theory and their applications, (algebraic function fields, finite fields, arithmetic geometry, coding theory and cryptography).
The Master 's Degree in Mathematics ( second cycle in Mathematics) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification:
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate. At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
Common Outcomes of Masters Programs:
- Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning
- Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
- Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs
- Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
- Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Develop abstract mathematical thinking and mathematical intuition.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of several areas of advanced mathematics and of their interrelations.
- Have knowledge of the fundamental and advanced concepts, principles and techniques from a range of topics.
- The ability to tackle complex problems, reveal structures and clarify problems, discover suitable analytical and/or numerical methods and interpret solutions.
- Analyze problems of the area of specialization, plan strategies for their solution, and apply notions and methods of abstract and/or applied mathematics to solve them.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
Researchers, scientists and academics in higher-education institutes, research institutes, technology companies and consulting firms.
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study