The program was initiated in 2013-2014, targeting the professionals who want to specialize in Energy Industry. The medium of education is English. The program has a structure that aims to introduce energy from multiple dimensions (including scientific, technical, financial, economic, environmental and legal) and to teach the interactions among these dimensions. Different from similar professional programs, the courses were designed and are taught independent of the courses of standard with-thesis MS programs, which are more theoretical in nature.
The program blends theoretical knowledge and sector experience, benefiting from the experience of its instructors that are either faculty members or renowned sector experts. Candidates should have at least 2 years (preferably more) of work experience, and sufficient English language skills. The program is not limited to students with engineering background; there is no constraint on the undergraduate field of study. Students are expected not only to attend the lectures, but also to actively contribute in class discussions. Students complete 15 courses and an applied graduation project within a period of one year. In addition, they attend to field trips and seminars. Lectures are held in weekday evenings and on Saturdays.
The Master 's Degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics and Bioengineering ( second cycle in Molecular Biology, Genetics and Bioengineering) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate.
At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
- Demonstrate substantive knowledge of how energy relates to social, political, and economic aspects of contemporary life on a national, regional or global basis.
- Discuss the relative advantages and disadvantages of using traditional fossil fuels (oil, natural gas, coal), renewable energy sources (hydro, solar, wind, biomass) and nuclear energy.
- Explain the fundamentals of renewable energy and fossil fuel technologies.
- Explain the dynamics of energy and electricity supply chains and the related markets.
- Discuss the social and environmental effects of energy policies and technologies.
- Develop fundamental energy financing models.
- Gain experience with energy project management and energy strategy development.
- Demonstrate knowledge on the fundamental Turkish energy regulations.
- Demonstrate ability to access current and reliable information sources on energy.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- Energy Consultant
- Energy Analyst
- Energy Planner
- Energy Systems Engineer
- Energy Systems Designer
- Energy Researcher
- Energy Finance Expert
- Energy Project Manager
- Energy Retail Expert
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study