BA program launched in 2014-2015 and MS program in 2020-2021 . The higlights:
- Research interests span a wide range of areas, such as psychological bases for perception, intelligence, memory, language and social cognition.
- Students are provided with opportunities to actively take part in large-scale projects carried out by the faculty members as research assistants, and gain hands-on experience.
- Students and staff benefit from the rich opportunities Sabancı University offers, such as tight interdisciplinary links between faculties, state-of-the-art research facilities and infrastructure, and independent research support and funding
- Labs in use are: Mind Lab, Eye-tracking lab, group testing lab, robot lab, social & developmental psychology lab, EEG neuroscience lab, experimental testing cubicles Language of Instruction is English
The Sabanci University Psychology Graduate Program (Master in Science, MS) brings together a vibrant group of researchers interested in understanding how people think, feel, and behave. Our graduate program has a strong emphasis on hands-on research experience. Students can take an active role in diverse research projects throughout their studies, as early as their first semester. Moreover, with our connections to other programs and faculties within the University, we offer great opportunities for interdisciplinary and applied research. Students who complete our graduate program will have gained extensive experience in communicating science, through writing scientific articles, and through presenting their research at seminars and conferences. Our goal is to provide a solid methodological and statistical background, develop critical thinking, and provide direct experience and practical skills for every stage of the research process. Our students will have the opportunity to use our state-of-the-art research facilities, including video-equipped observation laboratories, EEGs, online survey software, computer-based behavioral testing cubicles, eye trackers, large group testing spaces, facial electromyography equipment, and electrodermal activity equipment. The Social Psychology Track focuses on interpersonal relationships and intergroup processes. Our students study and research parent-child relationships and language development in early life, formation, maintenance, and loss of adult social and intimate relationships, family dynamics, attachment, the interplay between memories and social relationships, self-regulation, culture, intergroup contact, prejudice and discrimination, and well-being. Our students can gain experience using multiple methods including experiments, naturalistic and laboratory behavioral observations, cross-sectional and longitudinal surveys, and daily experience assessments. The Cognitive Psychology Track gives students a broad basis in the theories, methods, and applications of cognitive psychology and cognitive neuroscience. Students will study and work alongside experts working in the fields of memory, perceptual organization, attention, cognitive control, imagery, biological motion, language, affective cognition, experimental psychopathology, visual cognition and neuroscience, human-robot interaction, and road user behavior. Our courses strongly emphasize contemporary issues and trends in cognitive sciences. At the same time, our students receive a thorough grounding in experimental methodology and multivariate data analysis, and can gain expertise with psychophysiology, behavioral, observation and performance-based measures, surveys, eye tracking and EEG.
The Master 's Degree in Psychology (second cycle inPsychology) is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification
Specific Admission Requirements
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for admission of students.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Exemptness from the courses which are included in transfer and student exchange programs are regulated by the related articles in Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate.
At Sabancı University, apart from formal education institutions, there is no recognition process for informal-based or experience-based (in-formal and non-formal) learning.
- Develop the ability to use critical, analytical, and reflective thinking and reasoning.
- Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
- Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs
- Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, graphical and technological means and have competency in English.
- Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of theories, concepts, and research methods in the field and apply them in research design and data analysis.
- Assess the impact of the economic, social, and political environment from a global, national and regional level.
- Know how to access written and visual, primary and secondary sources of information, interpret concepts and data from a variety of sources in developing disciplinary and interdisciplinary analyses.
- Characterize the nature of psychology in science and applied settings.
- Demonstrate psychological literacy and incorporate theoretical, statistical and experimental methods in scientific inquiry.
- Deepen comprehensive knowledge of psychology’s core foundation content domains, especially of cognitive, social, developmental psychology, and the biological bases of behavior.
- Formulate plausible psychological explanations for behavioral phenomena and develop scientific hypotheses.
- Produce innovative and integrative applications to solve problems.
- Behave and conduct research in accordance with the ethical standards of the discipline.
- Strengthen personal integrity and developing soft skills such asscientific writing and speaking, effective communication, teamwork, flexibility, and leadership.
- Exercise values that reflect a commitment to diversity and contribute to society.
- Apply psychological knowledge and scientific thinking, writing, and speaking skills in professional settings
- Develop advanced research designs and apply advanced statistical analyses.
National Qualifications Matrix
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
Social research institutions
Access to Further Studies
The general requirements explained in “Quotas and Admissions” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate Programs for acceptance of the students to be taken to the graduate programs.
Exam Regulations and Assessment & Grading
The evaluation and grading of each course is included in “Examinations & Academic Assessment and Grades” of Information on the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Graduation requirements are explained in the Instruction Letter For Sabancı Unıversity Graduate for admission of students.
Mode of Study